Sunday, January 01, 2023

2022: A Reporter's Notebook of the Year Gone By




Though much of my year was wrapped up in working on my new book, I did publish a few articles that I thought were worthwhile during the last 12 months. 

My Articles


Restoring Glory to a Baltimore Neighborhood for Newlines Magazine (29 March 2022)

Freedom Soup and the Liberation of Haiti for Newlines Magazine (31 May 2022)

Haiti Is At War for Ozy (14 August 2022)

Interviews 

Former Haitian PM sanctioned by Canada denies wrongdoing in The Globe and Mail (30 November 2022)



In 2023, it will be a new year and a new book, this one examining the tenure of the great U.S. abolitionist Frederick Douglass as U.S. ambassador to Haiti and the tangled regional politics of the Caribbean in the late 19th century.

May the year 2023 leave you all feeling loved and appreciated. As the sun sets on 2022, I think the words of Pablo Neruda are apt for this moment.

Y una a una las noches 
entre nuestras ciudades separadas 
se agregan a la noche que nos une  

(And one by one the nights 
between our separated cities 
are joined to the night that unites us)

Con mucho amor.

xo

MD

No comments: